But this post is to share why I believe Astra and WooCommerce is a great combination if you need an eCommerce on your website.
Let’s start with the fact that the Astra theme is light-weight, super-fast, and very easy to customize. This will help you create an eCommerce store full of bells and whistles and loads quickly.
Not-to-mention that Astra has now been installed and powers 700,000+ websites. But it also comes with 3,000+ five-star reviews on WordPress.org to help you make an informed decision with confidence.
However, most websites have a need for an eCommerce solution that will enable them to offer their products or services.
Astra comes fully compatible and ready-to-go for WooCommerce, the #1 eCommerce platform for WordPress, with elegance and style.
Now you can create a website that looks good, runs fast and has your personalized touch. But you can create and eCommerce that matches your website for a great experience from the landing to checkout.
Customization features between the free and pro version!
If this is your first website, Astra’s free theme may give you all the required customization options you’ll need to build a website that runs smoothly, looks good and works well under pressure.
However, Astra’s Pro version includes everything the free version offers and extends the list of features for WooCommerce and more.
But here’s the sweetest feature about the Astra theme that comes with the free and pro version.
You can customize your website and WooCommerce store from top to bottom without writing a single line of code.
Now that’s sweet!
How is Astra free theme with WooCommerce?
From my opinion, the free theme gives you the following options
- You can choose the content width of the archive page.
- You can control the number of columns to list products on all devices.
- You can control the number of products to display per page.
- You can control the options to show a sidebar on the WooCommerce page.
- Ohh! I forget to mention that you can place an “Add-to-Cart” option in the header?
And the list of features just keeps going & going & going much like the Energizer bunny.
How is Astra’s Pro addon with WooCommerce?
From my opinion the professional version adds even more power to the free version.
- You can control your store’s design.
- You can make it easier for users to find what they’re looking for by displaying products and product-categories search.
- You can create a personalized experience for your customers.
- Ohh! Did I mention you control your store’s design? That was first, my bad. ?
The pro version also allows you to customize the Sales Bubble and style it.
Astra comes with a few default options!
The Default “Sale’s Bubble in a Circle” is one option. It will appear in the right top corner on the shop page and in the left top corner on a single product page. It chooses the default theme color that you have used for your overall theme.
The default Sales % Value!
Discounts are displayed in percentage instead of a discounted price.
The default Sales Bubble Style
The WooCommerce Pro Addon gives you 4 styling options.
Circle / Square: That’s the default filled circle that we saw above. (You can choose square)
Circle Outline / Square Outline: Circle/Square with a border/outline with a white fill color.
Here’s a Quick View of the Products Options!
The quick view feature gives the user the ability to view the product from a popup window without leaving the current page.
From the window the user can read a short description of the product and add it to their shopping cart.
The Two-Step Checkout
The two-step checkout is coupled with a Coupon Field and Distraction Free Checkout option. Creating a quicker and easier way for users to make their purchase.
Some more advantages of using Astra for your WooCommerce store!
Astra has a lot of ready to use Starter Templates that will help you reduce the amount of time and effort it takes to build a beautiful looking eCommerce store.
With a library of ready to use sites and pages, this will help you setup a store with minimum effort.
Will my store be responsive on all devices?
Absolutely! Astra offers responsive options for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
This feature enables you to ensure the best experience for all your shoppers.
Also, you can easily manage store design on mobile-responsive devices.
Speed and Performance that helps a store load fast
Statistics show that most online buyers will leave your store if a website takes more than 3-5 seconds to load.
Therefore, it is very important to use a theme that loads your website fast to engage users and keep your audience for longer periods of time on the store.
Your percentage of turning a user into a potential customer greatly increases the longer a user remains on your website or store.
Is the Astra theme SEO friendly?
Astra is one of the easiest SEO friendly theme’s I’ve come across, and it also comes with built-in schema support for WooCommerce.
For those of you who have no clue of what schema is or how schema can help your website.
Schema is a structured markup that helps search engines better understand what your website is about to display more relevant results to end-users.
Now, let’s talk about pricing!
There are two pricing plans for the Astra theme, free and paid. Here’s the pricing for the pro version
- Astra Pro – $59
- Mini Agency Bundle – $276 (Special Price – $169)
- Agency Bundle – $523 (Special Price – $249)
One-time Lifetime Pricing
- Astra Pro – $249
- Start Up – $996 (Special Price – $499)
- Agency – $1893 (Special Price – $699)
Both annual and lifetime customers get access to one-on-one support, extensive training and unlimited website usage.
What about customer support?
- Astra has built a knowledge base with in-depth articles and video tutorials on every feature that explains all the details.
- 24/7 email support. However, it will take about 24-hours for support to respond.
- If you need a quicker response, Astra has a dedicated Facebook group with over 10,000 active members, but you won’t always get an answer to your question.
Let’s wrap things up!
WordPress.org has hundreds upon hundreds of free and paid themes and plugins to choose from.
The issue comes when you’re trying to find a theme you can depend upon. Plugins that work as described. And support you can contact when you have an issue or two.
When you build a website using WordPress, you need a theme that is
- Fast and friendly with the search engines because speed equals money.
- Customizable without writing any code.
- Secure and plays nice with WooCommerce and multiple payment gateways.
- Pre-designed websites to help ignite your creativity when you’re struggling for ideas.
- Mobile-friendly for shoppers that are always on the go.
- optimized for easy checkout to lower cart abandonment.
- Support ready and dependable for general or technical questions.
While plenty of other themes integrate with WooCommerce, my personal favorite is Astra Pro.
If you have a favorite theme for WooCommerce, leave a comment below with your favorite theme suggestion.
‘Til the next episode,